Monday, August 31, 2020

August 31--The Ending Perspective

When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don't seem to matter very much, do they?  --Virginia Woolf

    For my 58th birthday, I gifted myself with a red infinity symbol tattooed on my left wrist. It took a while for me to decide what I wanted, and when I saw an infinity symbol on another person, I knew that was it. It had to be red, my favorite color. Why that particular symbol? I'm an infinite spiritual being having a human experience. I've always been a math nerd, and proud of it. One of my favorite movie characters is Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story movies: "To infinity and beyond!!!!!!!!" I've been blessed with a deeply moving experience of the infinity of the universe within me. I smile each time I see this tattoo. My sons never expected that Mom would be the first (and to date, only) one in the family to get a tattoo. 
    Here is one of my favorite posters:

Space is the Place –

One might say that fairly well sums up the Woolf quote in a picture. It may cause one to roam into thoughts of the complete insignificance of our lives and affairs. 
    I choose, however, to look at it this way: There is some organizing power that takes care of this infinite universe and all within it. It's bigger and been around for longer than my human brain can come close to comprehending. In our solar system of otherwise rocky, uninhabitable planets, there is the one magnificent jewel--our Earth--that is astoundingly different. Since that organizing power seems to have a pretty good handle on things, I elect to trust that power can handle my affairs. 
    Thus end's August's theme of "perspective." Tomorrow begins September with the theme of "balance."
    "To infinity and beyond!!!!!!!!"
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment