Tuesday, August 11, 2020

August 11--Beliefs Rule

What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.  --Oprah Winfrey

    Dreams, wishes and hopes are all well and good, but if you don't actually believe that you can attain them, you don't stand a chance.  The former is "talking the talk," the latter, enacting beliefs, is "walking the walk."

    I was raised to go to college. It was a belief instilled in me from early on, and I not only achieved a B.S. degree, but also an M.B.A. degree. I figure I was raised with the belief that I'd live a fairly typical life--college, work, courtship, marriage, children (still awaiting grandchildren)--and that has been the case. I've never not had enough in terms of money. I believe there is something bigger than us caring for us, and that has been the case. I guess I've dreamed of being a millionaire, but extreme wealth just isn't in my belief system. A comfortable life, yes, but extreme wealth, no. I guess if I believed in extreme wealth for me, I would buy lottery tickets. 

    I've had great success in the many jobs I've had in this lifetime. I believed I could do them; otherwise it wouldn't have worked out for me to get the job in the first place. Our family has always held a strong belief in our good health. As a result, none of us becomes ill very often. When the kids were younger, they did not bring home every illness that was rampant in school. Our reinforced belief in good health kept those illnesses away. 

    What do you believe about yourself? How is that playing out in your life? 

    Believing in good,
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment