Monday, August 17, 2020

August 17--Going In

 The longest journey is the journey inward.  --Dag Hammarskjold

    Even with the billions of people now on earth, there are still assorted infinities for us to explore. There's outer space--so far we've made it in person only to the moon, so we still have a lot of "ground" to cover. There are the oceans, vast, colorful, with a seemingly endless variety of creatures to study. Even just visiting other countries, it seems as though it would take a lifetime to see them all. 
    Speaking of infinite, each one of us billions of humans is unique. No two look, speak, act, think or perceive exactly alike, and that's quite a blessing. Exploring "what makes us tick" is truly an amazing journey, should we decide to undertake it. 

God comes to you disguised as your life. --Paula D’Arcy 

    I've been on the journey inward for decades, primarily inspired by joining a 12-step group in my early 30s. I completed a rigorous course of inward study to become a spiritual coach. I went deep on every level in the process of becoming a yoga teacher. I've learned quite a bit about myself. There's been some frustration, anger, pain, and ugly crying along the way, but I wouldn't change a minute of the journey inward. I'm comfortable in my own skin as a result, and that's a heavenly place to be. 
    The journey continues,
           Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment