Wednesday, August 26, 2020

August 26--It's All Funny

Life goes by fast. Enjoy it. Calm down. It's all funny.  --Joan Rivers

    AMEN! Much laughter has come into our lives over the past nine months by way of our dog Barney. He's been an angel for us through this very strange year. For the first week or so, we were wondering if he could bark, because we didn't hear a peep out of him. That quiet state ended quickly, and he's become quite the "talker." My favorite thing is when we are walking and he encounters an operating yard sprinkler. He goes after the water with a vengeance, "fights" with it, and always manages to get a drink and get soaked in the process. No matter how many times I see this, it makes me laugh. The other great joy is being outside when Dennis and Barney are returning from a walk. Dennis unleashes Barney at the end of the court, and he runs to me with wild abandon. What a joy for him to run free! 

Barney, angel doggie

    I love the Rivers quote because circumstances these days are trying so desperately to make us worried, angry, fearful and hopeless. Sometimes I think that my sense of humor is the only thing saving me. Life is going by so fast, and I can usually remain calm. I could certainly expand my capacity for "it's all funny," and that's a worthy goal for me. Joyfully, Barney sets an excellent example. 
    Life is good!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment