Thursday, August 13, 2020

August 13--No Such Thing

There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day.
--Alexander Woollcott

    I need this reminder daily. Today there is very little on my calendar. I tend to look on a day like this as one I'll muddle through, maybe even trying to get myself to do the dreaded--house-cleaning. I don't have to be "on" (teaching, coaching, etc.) today, so I will enjoy my down-time, but the little voice in my head will be urging me to be productive in some way. While I have painting, crocheting and reading to occupy me, I'm still likely to have spots of boredom. I'll play with Barney. I'll enjoy meals with my husband. I'll swim. What leads me to think this day may be unimportant? I'm alive and healthy, and I get one more day to enjoy being here and being me. So what if life in 2020 is unlike any other time in history? It does not make routine days unimportant. 
     Another day in paradise,
             Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment