Monday, August 10, 2020

August 10--Choice

 We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right.  --Marianne Williamson

    Pretty much everything in my life is right, except...
    There's the pandemic, political corruption is rampant, our magnificent Earth is being abused, the U.S. President is a global embarrassment (and proud of it). I can't travel as I had planned, events are cancelled, and I miss my kids more than I can say. I miss my friends. I'm bored and sick of life that's so routine, I have to look at my phone to figure out what day it is. Last night I had another of my infrequent "I'm tired of all this" soul-rinsing meltdowns. 
    Enough! The previous paragraph describes mental quicksand that could suffocate me. There's no "win" in any of it. Back to what's right in my life...
    We are healthy and well. We are not stressed by job loss or home-schooling. Our kids are working and self-sufficient. We have air conditioning and a comfortable home. I'm able to go out and buy the things I need for activities to keep me engaged (painting, crocheting). I can play golf and swim. I have a wonderful husband and angel doggie, Barney, both of whom remind me regularly how blessed I am. I have useful work that I enjoy. I have a Zoom subscription that keeps me in contact with lots of folks. I've learned so much during stay-at-home in the time I would have spent watching baseball and basketball. And we have Netflix. 
    Thanks, I needed that. 
              Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment