Sunday, August 23, 2020

August 23--Am I Living?

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.  --Oscar Wilde

    Quotes like this annoy me. Am I living or existing? It makes me think about that, and that's not necessarily a comfortable thing to ponder. While I could drive myself nuts trying to discern what Wilde means by "to live," I realize that the definition of living is very personal and unique for each individual. We can't look from the outside into someone's else life and say whether they are living or merely existing. 
     This quote also causes the resurfacing in my head of that voice that says, "You should do more." Then the battle begins with the other voice in my head that says, "I'm happy. I don't want to do more." Going back to the Abraham-Hicks teaching that we are here for joy, expansion and freedom, I feel as though I'm doing a good job at those three things, therefore, I'm living. Enough said. 
    Gratefully living,
         Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment