Monday, October 21, 2024

October 21-Warts and All

You need someone who will treat you with respect, love every part of you, especially your flaws.  --Cecelia Ahern

    One of the common characteristics of addicts is a "magic magnifying mind." I've got one of those, too prone to way too much drama. One of the jokes in recovery circles is that when the car breaks down, normal people call a tow-truck and/or repair place; addicts call suicide prevention. 
    So in the places where I am experiencing dramatic frustrations in life, I am trying to come up with more moderate ways to look at things. This also helps with the character defect of self-pity that I have written about recently. My spouse annoys me. Doesn't everyone's spouse annoy them?!?! I note that I am most likely equally annoying to my spouse. This is not cause to terrorize myself with thoughts of divorce or moving away! Anxiety shows up in me as a terrifying imagination. I could have had a great career making horror flicks. 
    "Calm down, Leta. This, too, shall pass."    
        Leta
  

No comments:

Post a Comment