Wednesday, October 2, 2024

October 2--Grandsons!

Those who feel lovable, who love, and who experience belonging simply believe they are worthy of love and belonging.  --Brene Brown

    It has been a "rocky road" lately between me and my older son. Details are unnecessary. This visit has enabled us to hash things out. He is much more adept at talking about issues and he drags me along. 
    Yesterday morning was magnificent for golf--cool, sunny, no wind. I played nine holes with Ron, Bob and Paul, three fine gentlemen. I hadn't played in a couple months because I was frustrated with how I had been playing. I was quite nervous to start, but at least one of the men was not that good, so that calmed me some. I played my usual game (short shots down the middle) and only had one really dreadful hole. Anyway, I felt good about it all, ending this golf season in a much better mental space than I would have otherwise (I was considering giving it up.) 
    Then it was off to my son's house, where I got to enjoy both grandsons, holding 3-week-old Remy for long periods of time. While he slept in my arms, I whispered to him about his magnificence and how much fun he is going to have. His mom and dad are exhausted, and my husband had cooked lunch for them and then went out for Thai carry-out for supper. We left them with a wound-up two-year-old and a baby and loads of joy on top of their weariness. 
    More CO fun today!
        Leta
Fall blooms in my Wichita garden

No comments:

Post a Comment