Wednesday, October 16, 2024

October 16--Gettin' Fancy

Love is the expression of the one who loves, not of the one who is loved. Those who think they can love only the people they prefer do not love at all. Love discovers truths about individuals that others cannot see.  --Soren Kierkegaard

    Although I see the truth of this quote, I have a LONG way to go to truly love those whom I don't prefer! It is hard enough sometimes to love those I do prefer.
    I have been sewing since I was probably eight or nine years old, taught by a mother who was both an outstanding seamstress and perfectionist. Back then I made my own clothes. That's what a thrifty person did. I don't sew much any more--it is not the economical practice it used to be. I mainly mend or make the occasional "project." 
    When I was last visiting my niece and we were playing Rummikub, we would put the tiles in a small beat-up paper bag to draw from. I promised her I would come up with a nicer set-up. I found the silicone steamer basket on Amazon which is the perfect-size tile-holding tub. At the fabric store, the colorful fabric jumped out at me as "the one," and it even matches the tub. I measured, cut and sewed the bags, one for the tub and one for the racks. This makes for easy transport, as my niece and friends often take the game to brew pubs and play. I mailed the tub and drawstring bags to my niece. She called as soon as she opened it, laughing, and said, "Oh my god, did you make these?!?!?" Yes! She is happy to have such a nice portable Rummikub setup. 
    Mission accomplished!!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment