Saturday, October 19, 2024

October 19--What A Day!!

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.  --Henry James

    My birthday started with a 5am wakeup to squeeze in all the fun I planned. How can a day be bad when it starts with doggie belly-rubs?!?! I completed a 30-lap swim, shower and coffee purchase and was back home before the sun came up. I enjoyed my coffee while doing my daily readings. 
    I worked a bit on my current straight-line painting, then took Barney for a walk. We are having glorious fall weather and the leaves are just beginning to change color. Then I drove to Moxi Junction in Maize, where AARP was buying breakfast treats for all the guests. I attributed that special event to it being my birthday 😉😉 and enjoyed a cinnamon roll. Then I went to three estate sales. I found no treasures, but I love to look. At noon I had a lovely massage. Then I practiced my daily hobby of napping. 
    Party time! I reserved game tables at Side Pockets Sports Bar, and 15 or so friends showed up to eat, drink, play cards and Rummikub. It was a blast. This was an "inaugural event" as I hope to get folks together regularly at a bar for Rummikub. There is plenty of enthusiasm to carry us forward. 
    The day was capped off by a birthday wish from my older son along with photos of both grandsons. 
    Happy to be here!
        Leta
"Keeper of the Plains"
Love my Wichita home!

No comments:

Post a Comment