Friday, October 18, 2024

October 18--Party Time!!!

Real, sane, mature love--the kind that pays the mortgage year after year and picks up the kids after school--is not based on infatuation but on affection and respect.  --Elizabeth Gilbert

    Today is my birthday! Another trip around the sun has been completed, and I'm hoping for many more! I have made celebration plans which I shall report on here tomorrow. It's a treat to have a Friday birthday. As such it shall include my usual Friday fun of swimming and visiting several estate sales. 
     Back to the Gilbert quote... amen! Infatuation doesn't last long. I suppose it is a necessary part of the process, but I'll take long-term affection and respect any day. I often say that the two best things in one's financial life are 1) the mortgage is paid off, and 2) the kids are supporting themselves. Those are both evidence of mature love. 
    Big fun day ahead!
        Leta
MOXI Junction, coffehouse in Maize,
another favorite Friday morning spot

No comments:

Post a Comment