Thursday, October 17, 2024

October 17--Encouragement Appreciated

Our chief want in life is someone who shall make us do what we can. 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Do I want someone who will make me clean? I don't think so!
    Moving on... I think this is more in line with wanting someone who will strongly encourage us to use our Spirit-given talents. My husband's parents made all three sons take piano lessons as youngsters. Two of the three have been active life-long musicians. What a gaping hole there would have been in my husband's life without using his musical talents. I had an extremely creative mother who had the infinite patience to teach me to sew and crochet and in general planted the "creativity bug" in me. She is also responsible for my "travel bug." My life would have been so different without those encouragements. 
    When I was in training for my spiritual coaching certification, I was at an event with my teachers and other students and ministers. I volunteered to offer a prayer. Afterwards, one of my teachers basically said that I didn't do it right. Another minister overheard that, pulled me aside later and said, "Don't let that bother you. Once you get your license, you can pray however the hell you want!" And I do!
    Off and running,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment