Sunday, April 9, 2023

April 9--Enjoy Your Sunday

Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run. --Barbara Kingsolver

    I've often said about our sons, "We raised them to be independent, and dammit, they are." I refer to my sons as "sonshine," because they are the light of my life. When I have called my new grandson "sonshine," my son always responds--that's HIS name. I guess I will have to use "grandsonshine." 
    Even when the boys were teenagers, after Easter baskets were no longer the thing, we did an Easter egg hunt in our yard. They loved it as a fun brotherly competition. My husband and I had a lot of laughs watching them zoom around the yard with the occasional bout of wrestling. As we became empty-nesters, and lacking any desire for church attendance, Easter has become pretty much a no-thing at our house. I had celebrated it for years, but seeing the behavior of so-called "Christians" in our politics today, I have no desire to participate. One does not need to make a show of Easter in order to be a kind, loving, compassionate person, which I believe is what Jesus was aiming at all along. 
    Enjoy your Sunday!
        Leta
My favorite part of Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment