Wednesday, April 12, 2023

April 12--Stick a Fork in Me

When we take a little time to remember to look, to marvel, we find that there are sources of joy, of esthetic delight, of quiet happiness on every hand….  
--Beatrice Bruteau

    Frequent looks at my favorite photos of my grandson remind me of this sentiment. He is certainly finding lots of joy and delight, because everything is new to him. Watching him grow, explore and learn is truly a marvelous experience, even from a distance. 
    Today is my 37th wedding anniversary. With any luck at all, it will also be my last day of tax work, FOREVER. I've written before on this blog about the idea that "everything has a lifespan." The lifespan of my tax work has reached its end. The ideal in baseball is to retire after a spectacular season, to "go out with a bang." The reality is that most players fizzle out then quit. Such is my tax-prep career. Last year was a great finale, this year has been a slow torturous fizzle. I'm grateful for the opportunity and the income, and I was useful, but I'm ready for this chapter to reach the end of its lifespan. 
    Tonight we celebrate #37 and no more tax work, woohoo!!!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment