Wednesday, April 5, 2023

April 5--Uncertainty

GRIEF ==> Getting Really Into Every Feeling

    I think this is why grief is so difficult for us. There can be a very wide range of feelings, and so many of us are not all that well equipped to handle them. Grief's emotions tend toward the end of the feeling spectrum that we typically consider "negative"--sadness, fear, anger, frustration, loneliness, emptiness. 
    We mostly consider grief as an aspect of losing a loved one, but there are so many life experiences that can bring on grief. Personally, I would offer up aging as an instigator of grief. I'm reading the book: "The Inner Work of Age, Shifting from Role to Soul" by Connie Zweig, Ph.D. It's putting aging and ageism right in my face, and that's uncomfortable. I think of my young grandson and wonder how much of his life I'll get to see. There are so many questions and great uncertainty. As they say, getting old isn't for sissies. I do, however, prefer it to the alternative!
    One day at a time,
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment