Thursday, April 13, 2023

April 13--STOP the Madness!

This shouldn’t be normal. Let’s break this cycle and stop normalizing mass shootings. Let’s remind ourselves and our friends and neighbors that this is a fixable problem, and the vast majority of Americans want it fixed. --Amy McGrath

     I grew up in a hunting culture. Some of my relatives depended on hunting for food. My brother was a devoted hunter who took good care of his guns and kept them away from his four children. (I think he went hunting to get away from them.) My dad was not a hunter, and we did not have any guns in our house. This is true today in my current home. I am certainly aware that the vast majority of gun ownership is not a problem.
    There is NO reason on God's green earth for anyone outside the military to have an assault rifle. I'm getting to the point where I hate to open Google News because the first thing that comes up is another shooting. This isn't normal. I'm so frustrated that the NRA and gun-toters, a minority, have more say in this than the vast majority of Americans who want this craziness stopped. I can use our Republican Kansas legislature for example: they are way more concerned about who uses which bathroom than they are about things that truly matter. 
    If you feel your voice matters with your representatives (that term is bullshit--they certainly do NOT represent me), please express yourself. It feels pointless in Kansas, because they know that folks in Kansas would vote for Hitler if you put an "R" after his name. Those times when I have contacted a KS rep, all I got back was a meaningless canned response. I hope you have better results!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment