Wednesday, April 19, 2023

April 19--Maybe, Maybe Not

It doesn't matter.  --Leta Miller

    One of my goals for this year's golf is to stop swearing, especially using the f-bomb. The last two rounds I have played were dreadful, with huge scores and even a painful fall. I think I escaped both rounds with only two uses of the f-bomb. That is enormous improvement for me. What I did was keep reminding myself that wherever this shot goes, "it doesn't matter." No golf shot, no matter how bad, is worth going ballistic over. Slow progress is being made. 
    Then I began to think, does anything matter? Yes! There are a huge number of things that don't really matter, but there are some very big ones that do matter. I tried to tell myself that a feeling of frustration didn't matter, but yes, it did. My feelings do matter. My connections to other people matter. Kindness matters. Care for our magnificent Mother Earth matters. 
    I am having some fun considering what really matters.
        Leta

Sand dollar in Jamaica--
nature matters a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment