Saturday, April 8, 2023

April 8--Baseball JOY

There is no crying in baseball. 
--Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks) in "A League of Their Own"

    Thursday was our first league play night at Auburn Hills Golf Course. It was a lovely cool evening with calm wind, quite unusual for the beginning of league season. I was treated to riding with a new member, a young woman who plays a lot, and it is quite a joy to watch her swing the golf club. We had the usual "get to know you" chatter. I was wearing my Cubs visor, and she asked if I had been to a game at Wrigley Field. It turns out that she is just as crazed about baseball as I am, only her team is the Boston Red Sox. She said she took off work on March 30 because of Opening Day. She said, "It's like Christmas to me." I feel the same way! We were off and running on "America's pastime." What a treat to meet someone so enthusiastic about golf AND baseball! 
    There IS crying in baseball--I can guarantee it all over Cubs nation after they won the World Series on November 2, 2016. 
    Hope springs eternal every April! Go, Cubs!
        Leta
   
My next baseball adventure, 
Houston in May

No comments:

Post a Comment