Tuesday, April 11, 2023

April 11--Grow!

Plant a garden of any size. Our sweet Mother will reward your efforts beautifully. 
--Leta Miller

    I spent some time this past weekend in my garden, doing some much-needed weeding and tidying. I was looking for signs of perennials coming up, and I'm pleased to find many hostas returning from last year's planting. We have had two large trees removed in the past year, so that my shady yard now has sunny spots where I can once again grow tomatoes and peppers. I will also need to move some shade-loving plants that won't appreciate that hot Kansas sun. It's nearly time to freshen the potting soil in my flower pots and get the annuals planted. Having replaced our deck last summer, my husband is excited to get things looking great for backyard jams with his musical friends. I bought some garden ornaments on my Florida trip to go along with several flags for extra color around the yard. 
    I love spring!
        Leta

These guys are ready to go, too! No swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment