Monday, February 7, 2022

February 7--Love Protection

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.  --Jeanne Moreau

    I have said for years that I am staying in shape for grandchildren. The love for a dreamed-about grandchild has kept me moving and in pretty good shape for 66. At last, come August, I will have that grandbaby in my arms. I learned on Saturday that also in August, I will be a great-great-aunt for the first time. My nephew and his wife will become grandparents, too. 
    We humans are ALL about love. That's it. It is our essence, our motivation. Love happens at all ages. And love definitely keeps us young. (I'm sure there have been many studies on this!) I want to stick around for a long time to love up these August babies, so I will continue to roll myself out of bed to swim, and get myself out the door for walks. Barney, my beloved doggie, is also on a mission to keep me moving and youthful. 
    Love is its own reward,
        Leta

Love on a Colorado hike
(parents- & grandparents-to-be)


No comments:

Post a Comment