Friday, February 4, 2022

February 4--Love's Power

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.  --Lao-tzu

    This quote brings me back to the time when our sons were teenagers. I'm a firm believer in the organic process wherein teenagers are butt-heads so that you are glad when they leave home. If parents and teenagers like each other too much, the kids never leave... "failure to launch." (BTW, that's a movie.) During the teenage years, I relied heavily on my husband's love for the strength to withstand the conflict. I loved my sons deeply enough to have the courage to use "tough love." Things got ugly sometimes, but love was always the foundation. That foundational love gave our sons the strength to make their own way in the world. 
    Love makes the world work,
        Leta
Those teenagers referenced above have
always been my favorite golfing buds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment