Saturday, February 19, 2022

February 19--Love's Directions

Love gives not but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love. And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. 
--Kahlil Gibran 

    I live in Wichita, Kansas because love directed my course here. I grew up in Pennsylvania, and all I knew of Kansas was "The Wizard of OZ." My parents' "love" for each other (or lack thereof) gave me strong direction to get the hell out of there, the home where I grew up. Meeting my future husband via mutual friends at our jobs at Schreiber Foods ultimately brought both of us to Wichita. Love for my children and a need for sanity for me directed me to a 12-step program decades ago, and love still keeps me attending. I am confident that love will make new pathways for me to enjoy the August-arriving grandbaby. 
    Our hearts know, 
        Leta
 


No comments:

Post a Comment