Saturday, February 5, 2022

February 5--Headed in the Same Direction

Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    The joke around our house is that if my husband ever gave me flowers, I would know he had done something REALLY REALLY bad. Married nearly 36 years, we don't (and probably never have) sat around gazing at each other. Somehow, magically, we have been "looking outward together in the same direction" for the most part, which has made for a peaceful life. We have mostly agreed about finances, home ownership stuff, child-rearing, job opportunities, household duties, even diet (though I admit I've gone "off the rails" there a few times.) It's a good partnership, and to me, that's love, and it's way better than flowers. 😉😉 
    Onward,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment