Friday, February 18, 2022

February 18--HUGS!

Talk not of wasted affection; affection never was wasted. 
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

    I expend a lot of affection on my angel dog, Barney. He is a great example of "affection never was wasted." A dog simply cannot have too many belly rubs. 
    One thing that made me especially cranky about the pandemic was the lack of hugs. I am a hugger, and I missed that practice a lot. I ran into a friend at QuikTrip the other day. Usually we see each other every 2-3 months. We instantly hugged. It's just what we do, virus be damned. 
    Touching and being touched are basic human needs. Babies thrive from being held and cuddled. We all need a shoulder to cry on now and then. Congratulatory hugs make a big moment even more special. A hug of appreciation keeps good circulating in your world. 
    🤗🤗🤗
        Leta
The ecstasy of a belly rub


No comments:

Post a Comment