Tuesday, May 2, 2023

May 2--Help--Everyone Needs It

The only way we will survive is by being kind. The only way we can get by in this world is through the help we receive from others. No one can do it alone, no matter how great the machines are.  --Amy Poehler

    Asking for help... one of the toughest things to do, but absolutely necessary to make it in this world. The thing is--we all want to be helpful, we generally like it when someone asks for our help, but to go the opposite direction--that's another story. Asking for help is often considered a sign of weakness, but the opposite is the truth. It is a sign of strength and courage. 
    Let's face it. For each of us, there is a huge amount we do not know how to do. Nobody can know everything. It makes good sense to seek help from those who do know. 
    I think it is dependency that so many of us fear--that we will be in constant need of help. I certainly dread the thought of that. As I get older, there are more things that I cannot do or don't want to do, so asking for help is becoming more routine. 
    I know there is still within me that 4-year-old screaming, "I do it myself!!!" Fortunately my adult self has learned that asking for help is OK, necessary, and usually the easier way to go. 
        Leta

CSU Gardens--it takes plentiful
help to create such beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment