Thursday, May 18, 2023

May 18--Back Home

We have so far to go to realize our human potential for compassion, altruism, and love.  --Jane Goodall

    There's a gigantic understatement. 
    I'm back home, more or less enjoying "re-entry." I'm having a mix of the joy of a great achievement and "what do I do with myself now?"
    Miscellaneous thoughts about the baseball quest... I've seen the Cubs play in seven places--Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver, Phoenix and Houston. The northernmost stadium is Seattle, southernmost is Miami. My favorite will always be Wrigley Field. I've been on stadium tours in Chicago (Wrigley), Boston (Fenway), and Baltimore (Camden Yards). I've been to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown--truly a must for any true baseball fan. Assorted friends went with me to some of the games, but I was solo for most of them, driving and flying thousands of miles. I saw wonderful things in many cities, such as the Museum of Fine Arts Boston. 
    My one remaining baseball bucket list item is to go to Cubs spring training in Arizona... next year!
        Leta

The view from my seat, 
along with my celebratory ice cream.
New stadium, excellent video boards.
The final result.

This young woman played the National Anthem--
it was a goose-bumper, so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment