Sunday, May 14, 2023

May 14--Happy Mother's Day!

The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.  --David Foster Wallace

    This sounds like the process of raising a child. There are "myriad, petty little unsexy" things one must do every day to accomplish the goal of raising a youngster to be a successful adult. This is an excellent quote for Mother's Day! 
    I have started the final trip of my every-MLB-stadium quest. I am in Houston, Texas, staying with friends. As a Mother's Day treat to myself, I get to do my first float experience--I'm really excited about that. Tomorrow evening I'll see my beloved Cubs play the Astros. Then I'll head to the Dallas area on Tuesday for the Rangers game. Stay tuned, lots of fun and photos to follow...
        Leta

Can't wait to tell you all about it!
My float room is called Starry Night, YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment