Tuesday, May 16, 2023

May 16--#29 is in the Books

When someone is crying, of course, the noble thing to do is to comfort them. But if someone is trying to hide their tears, it may also be noble to pretend you do not notice them.  --Lemony Snicket

    Let's allow tears to fall where they may and not be so distressed by our own or others' tears. Let 'em flow!
    Stadium #29 on my list, Minute Maid Park in Houston, is "in the books." My friend did all the driving, no small gift in Houston traffic. He treated me to a lovely Mexican dinner at Irma's near the ballpark. Then we walked all around two levels of the stadium for me to gawk and take pictures. There were lots of Cubs fans seated around me. Despite our supportive cheering, the Cubs lost 6-4. This is not uncommon--the majority of Cubs games I've seen in person have ended with the Cubs losing. That will never deter me, however!
    Today it's off to Dallas/Fort Worth for #30, Braves vs. Rangers. 
    Onward!
        Leta
View from our seats

Orbit, the Astros mascot

The home run train

No comments:

Post a Comment