Sunday, February 21, 2021

February 21--Sadness

Perhaps somewhere, someplace deep inside your being, you have undergone important changes while you were sad.  --Rainer Maria Rilke

    The sadness I feel relative to the political and economic state of our country, the pandemic and its devastation, and the harsh treatment of Mother Earth has clarified my personal beliefs due to much "deep inside" introspection.  
    The sadness I feel relative to the health issues of close family members and friends has strengthened my prayer practice, has encouraged me to express my love and gratitude more often, and has made me even more appreciative of my own great health.
    The sadness I feel relative to aging has made me more focused on all I can do, more aware of my thinking and how that affects me, and encouraged me to live by the mantra, "Spirit within me does not age." 
    Those are the forms of sadness that are hanging with me at the moment. Others will come and go, and each, fully felt, will bring changes within me. It's called evolution, and it's good.
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment