Wednesday, February 10, 2021

February 10--"All is as it Should Be"

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be. --Anne Frank

    I had an experience a few years ago which changed me forever. I was leading a retreat in the magnificent Flint Hills of Kansas. There was a hilltop area with huge slabs of granite where one could lie "alone with the heavens, nature and God." I reclined there around sunset. It happened to be the night of a supermoon. I had the sun setting on one side of me, and the supermoon rising on the other side, with billions of stars beginning to twinkle in between. Such experiences don't lend themselves well to words. Suffice it to say that I came away with the knowing that "all is as it should be," now and forever. Something bigger than me has everything well in hand, and I have no need to worry. I think of that time often to bring myself back to a space of peace. 
    Go outside and find something beautiful,
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment