Friday, February 12, 2021

February 12--"Just the Way I Am"

Forgive your anger. Forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart.   
--Jim Henson

    Here's a paradox. We are all a mess, yet there's nothing to fix. At one time or another, every one of us feels anger, guilt, shame and sadness--human emotions resulting from the choices we make. Sometimes we pack up those emotions in lovely baggage and lug them around for a lengthy amount of time. If we take our attention away from those universal human emotions, however, and embrace love, joy and truth, we know in our hearts that there is nothing to fix--we are in touch with Spirit that loves and accepts us just the way we are. 
    As the "writing gods" would have it, yesterday in my miscellaneous reading I found the perfect bit for today's blog. This comes from James Finley, a teacher at the Center for Action and Contemplation: "My spiritual practice is to sit each day in childlike sincerity with an inner stance that offers the least resistance to being overtaken by the God-given, godly nature of myself just the way I am."
    You and I live love, joy and truth when we open our hearts to let those godly qualities shine forth. 
        Leta

Colorado State University Gardens, 2020
I LOVE flowers!



No comments:

Post a Comment