Monday, November 9, 2020

November 9--One Good-Hearted Person

The effect of one good-hearted person is incalculable.  --Oscar Arias Sanchez

    I will bet that if you take a few moments to think of those good-hearted folks in your life, that you will come up with at least several that have had an incalculable effect on you. I think first of my mom and dad. Though they had their faults, they were most definitely good-hearted and had a huge effect on me. Then there are my husband and my kids, whose good hearts have had infinite love and lessons for me. I am also blessed with many friends who have profoundly affected my life. I even mention with great gratitude the hip surgeon who has given me an aligned body and a new lease on life. In all these instances, these folks have been simply living their lives, doing what they do, and each has had a wonderful effect on me. While there are big "save the world" personalities out there, and their good hearts are having great effects, I am most profoundly blessed by the ordinary daily interactions of life.
    Do I have a good heart? Do I affect people in positive ways? I like to think the answer is "yes" to both of those questions. There is the key to the quote: we don't know for sure what effect our good-hearted acts of kindness might have, nor on how many people. I'm OK with that. Living from a good heart is reward enough, and the effects are up to something bigger than me. 
    Bless our hearts!
        Leta




No comments:

Post a Comment