Tuesday, November 3, 2020

November 3--Neighborly

The love of our neighbor in all its fullness simply means being able to say to him, "What are you going through?"  --Simone Weil

    Praise God Almighty, Election Day is finally here! I am both relieved and frightened. I am relieved to have an end to the campaign ugliness. Granted, I've stayed clear of Facebook and I don't watch commercials, but the crap in the mail has offered more than enough mud-slinging and outright lies. I am frightened because given the past four years, there truly is no telling what our nutcase POTUS and his supporters might do, win or lose. 
    I must rise above all this. I must remember that love is the only power. That simply being love in my interactions with the neighbors on my court, no matter what their politics, is the fullness of kindness in me today. We are all making the choices we think are best for us, no matter how that may appear from the outside looking in. Asking questions and truly listening to the answers are the steps to understanding, which is neighborly love in its fullness. Being more open, in both heart and mind, to what others are going through, is good for us both individually and collectively. 
    Today, let's focus on love as the only power.
        Leta
 


No comments:

Post a Comment