Tuesday, April 7, 2020

April 7--Ready?

Great people do things before they're ready. They do things before they know they can do it.    --Amy Poehler

     Right now we are all great. Think back a few months. As 2020 started, we would have never dreamed that we could do a complete upside-down turn of our lives. We certainly weren't ready for what has transpired, yet here we are, doing what's required to be a global community saving as many lives as possible. We are all great.
     Certainly the hardest thing I've ever done was Forrest Yoga teacher training, a 30-days-straight, 12-hour-days grueling experience, far from home. Fortunately, I did not know what I was getting myself into. I did not know if I could do it, but I took the leap anyway. I was tempted to quit and come home many times, but I comforted myself with the mantra, "One minute closer to home." Completing that training, I felt like a rock star. I was ready to give out autographs. It turned out to be one of the most rewarding learning experiences of my life.
     Tomorrow's topic will be grief and grieving. Can we do it? We need to, ready or not. Our former lives are no longer...
     Rock on,
           Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment