Monday, April 27, 2020

April 27--How Do You Know You Can't?

If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?  --T. S. Eliot

     If you don't ever challenge yourself, how can you know what you are capable of?
     All of earthly life, the mere run-of-the-mill daily practice of it, can be a challenge, no doubt. It is awfully easy to get into a comfy routine and stay there, never venturing outside one's box. Alas, eventually the box gets boring.
     There are lots of things I didn't know I could do until I tried it: golf, yoga, teaching, gardening, solo travel, sewing, painting, crocheting, tax preparation, coaching, and public speaking, to name a few. Certainly I am not spectacular at all those things, but I employ one of my favorite lines: My enthusiasm makes up for my lack of skill. It is fun to learn and to try new things.
     We can keep on learning, or we can wither and die. I'm going with the learning option.
       What's next!?!?
             Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment