Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June 16--Ease Up

What I cannot love, I overlook.  --Anais Nin 

     I had this realization the other day. Humans are the only creatures who consistently see themselves--mirrors, photographs, portraits, etc. For instance, even though a dog may see itself in a mirror, it thinks there is another dog. It doesn't recognize itself. Seeing ourselves unfortunately gives us humans a vast opportunity for self-criticism. How about we stop that, simply overlook our supposed imperfections?
     I offer the reminder, especially for myself, of the wise suggestion by spiritual teacher, Edwene Gaines. When we are tempted to judge (seeing what we cannot love), simply say, "Isn't that interesting?" and move on, i.e. overlook it.
     Remembering that most situations don't need my opinion,
          Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment