Thursday, June 11, 2020

June 11--Beauty Break

We say of some things that they can't be forgiven, or that we will never forgive ourselves. But we do--we do it all the time.  --Alice Munro

     Forgiveness is a necessary process if we want to evolve as humans. Otherwise we experience a "paralysis of the past" and we're stuck, physically, emotionally and spiritually. What a blessing to simply let go and move forward, on a continual basis.
     I'm taking a short break from the forgiveness theme, sort of. There's so much unrest, injustice, corruption and distress in our world, especially in the U.S. I feel powerless in so many ways, for the problems are so enormous. I remind myself of the wisdom of Abraham-Hicks--what we focus on expands. Therefore, I have been focusing on beauty. Beauty brings me peace, and that's what I want to send to our current circumstances.
     I've been doing some gardening, and spending time each day on my backyard swing enjoying my efforts. I've been painting barn quilts (photos on previous posts). I've been delighted by the antics of our angel dog, Barney. I've been appreciating the bits of nature as I encounter them. I have lilies, my favorite flower, from the garden on my desk. I meditate and learn something new each day. I've kept up with my beautiful Melt and yoga students via classes on Zoom. I make it a point to be extra-kind to each person I encounter.
     Last night I discovered a series on Netflix called "Moving Art." These are films showing off our magnificent planet and set to music. No spoken word. The films are mesmerizing, and the beauty is astounding. For me, beauty equals love.
     May we be beautifully at peace,
             Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment