Wednesday, June 17, 2020

June 17--Hearts are Smart

Those who have the largest hearts have the soundest understandings.
  --William Hazlitt

     Our hearts never steer us wrong. We can ignore our heart wisdom, but why? I believe there is something within us that knows. Social or family pressures can steer us in directions that are not the best for us. Those pressures can be hard to resist. "Should" gets mixed in there. It's a lifelong practice to remain true to one's heart despite external influences.
     Sometimes it takes us a while to figure out what the heart is saying. When pressured to make a decision, I find it helpful to say "I don't feel like I have my inner guidance yet." Another suggestion from the 12-Step programs is to ask one's Higher Power to increase a desire if it's the best course of action, or to decrease it if it is not.
     The more we exercise and use our hearts' wisdom, the stronger we become, both individually and in mass consciousness. I again recommend HeartMath: https://experience.heartmath.com/. This organization offers simple tools to use the "brain" that is the heart.
     Loving my heart,
           Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment