Thursday, June 18, 2020

June 18--Too High a Price

Hanging on to resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head. --Ann Landers

     I first heard this sentiment from my older brother, Arlie, years ago when I was discussing a troublesome person whom I could not get out of my mind. He said, "You're letting him live there rent-free." Wow, the "cosmic 2X4." Eviction was fairly instantaneous.
     Do you have time in your life to expend mental energy on past events, regrets, resentments or wishes that things had been different? Think, literally, what you could do by redirecting that energy into the present moment! I can easily get sucked into frustrations over our current federal government representatives, but truly, they are the last folks I want living in my head, especially rent-free!
     Progress, both individually and collectively, can seem mind-numbingly slow at times, but it is unstoppable. Let's keep things moving with regular mental evictions.
     Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment