Personally, I'm getting a little tired of the theme of forgiveness, but I'm going to forgive that, as it's making me dig deep on this subject, which certainly can't hurt me. It's a teacher!
Learning to open my heart has been a whole life's journey for me. I attribute my lifelong poor posture to my early years being hunched, both physically and mentally, in protection of my heart. I never felt safe as long as my older brother Ken was around. I didn't recognize all this until yoga teacher training in my mid-50s, where in a month's time, my heart was dramatically freed and my posture improved considerably.
Who drives me crazy, and what am I learning?
- Inconsiderate or inattentive drivers remind me to pay attention to my own driving.
- Those on the opposite end of the political spectrum encourage me to listen and be open-minded.
- When I witness rudeness to myself or another, it spurs me to extra kindness.
- When I am around someone who won't stop talking, it reminds me to stay silent, that every thought I have does not need to be expressed.
- Other folks' clutter encourages me to keep my own clutter at bay.
- Events of any sort not happening fast enough for me promote patience and faith.
With plenty of heart-opening opportunities still available,