Thursday, June 4, 2020

June 4--Daily Practice

Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude. 
--Martin Luther King, Jr. 


     This quote brings up two general thought lines for me.
     When I am in a good space within myself, centered and at peace, very little disturbs me. With very little disturbance, there is very little to forgive. This is my favorite place to live.
     Beloved spiritual mentor Edwene Gaines offers this daily practice. Each night before falling asleep, note if there is anyone or anything from the day that requires your forgiveness. Then hold that person or situation in your heart, blessing and releasing he/she/it. That way resentment doesn't disrupt a good night's sleep.
     Like all of life, forgiveness is a practice, or as Dr. King states, a constant attitude.
     Getting lots of practice,
            Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment