Saturday, June 18, 2016

Whole 30: Days 16-18

     18 days done, 12 to go. Still feeling great. One of the joys of summer is a fresh tomato, especially in BLT form. I used lettuce leaves for my bread, and found Whole30-approved bacon, and enjoyed that glorious summer treat tonight. So good, and I didn't miss the bread at all.
     I also made W30-approved sausage patties, and they are great. I needed something I could eat for breakfast on the go, and these will work great.
     One of the rules of W30 is that you do not, under any circumstances, weigh yourself during the 30 days. This is not a problem for me, as I don't ever weigh myself anyway. I refuse to let a number determine how I feel about myself. However, that said, I went pants shopping today (a rare event), and confidently pulled a smaller size off the rack, and they FIT!!! Gotta love that.

Day 16: B: HFVJ, 1 egg, 1 pork strip
             L: apple w cashew butter
             D: chicken salad in lettuce wrap, olives, blueberries & raspberries
Day 17: B: HFVJ, sweet potato, 2 eggs/ghee
             L: potato soup, 1 apple
             D: Thai chicken
Day 18: B: HFVJ, 1/2 banana, blackberries
             L: potato soup, 1 sausage patty
             D: BLT, grapes

     I'm not really fond of cooking. However, it's fun to try some new recipes, and to know that I'm supporting how great I feel and learning to make stuff that I'll continue to eat after the 30 days are up.
     I am so grateful to not be craving, especially sugar. I am satisfied with a moderate amount of food, and that's simply a miracle. I am grateful to discover new healthy things to eat. The freedom relative to food that W30 promises is coming true for me. My left hip continues to feel good, with the muscles beginning to loosen up that have been compensating for years. The W30 effort has been so worth it!
     Lovin' life,
          Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment