Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Compulsive Eater does Whole 30: Days 1-3

     I am using the month of June to follow the Whole 30 eating plan. For each 3-day period, I am going to post a blog, 1) to keep myself on plan and accountable, and 2) so that I have a record of what took place & what I ate, along with assorted points of interest. For instance, nearly all canned tuna has soy in it too. I am also a food addict, which makes this "coming extra-clean" even more challenging for me. I have ordered the Whole 30 book, but I'm starting out with website basic info as I don't have the book yet.

     Day 1: breakfast: 2 eggs/ghee, HFVJ (home-made fruit veg juice)
                lunch: guacamole, veggies, cherries, mixed raw nuts
                dinner: chicken salad, sweet potato/ghee, seltzer water
     Day 2: breakfast: 2 eggs/ghee, HFVJ
                lunch: salad (veg/fruit/nuts), homemade dressing made w applesauce
                dinner: chicken salad, sweet potato/ghee, seltzer water, cherries
     Day 3: B: 1 hard-boiled egg, mixed raw nuts, HFVJ
                L: asparagus, sweet potato/ghee, a few nuts
                D: tuna salad, avacado, cherries, a few nuts, seltzer water

     Key points: I can live with black coffee, but I miss my organic cream. I cannot, however, live without coffee. So far, I haven't been really hungry between meals, thank goodness. I have been very prone to hot flashes that wake me up in the night with major sweating. The first night I had four, the second night I had one, the third night I had none! That alone is worth the effort!! Day 3 was a Friday, when I usually look forward to a sweet treat and evening beer. So it was challenging not to have those. Shopping for approved foods has been challenging... every pkg of bacon I looked at, checking several stores, even uncured bacon, has sugar in it. It's kind of depressing how "unclean" most food in some sort of packaging is.
     Onward, Day 4, to the Farmers Market.
         Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment