Monday, April 29, 2024

April 29--Quiet... Good or Bad?

A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy can live.  --Bertrand Russell

    This quote makes me think of my home life growing up, wherein my parents expressed their dislike of each other with vicious silence. It was quiet, alright, but there was definitely no "true joy." There was always the "on edge" waiting for the explosion to happen. 
    But I get what Mr. Russell is trying to say. In order to live a joyful life, one has to frequently tune out the distractions and demands of the world and get back to one's own center. Time out for Barney belly-rubs is a great practice of joyful quiet. Gardening is another activity that supports my happy life. It is productive alone time that encourages me to pay attention to how amazing our Mother Earth home is.  
    May your day include precious quiet time,
        Leta

Some of our Mother's handiwork,
at the CSU Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment