Wednesday, April 24, 2024

April 24--More Alone Time Please

Learn to be quiet enough to hear the sound of the genuine within yourself so that you can hear it in other people.  --Marian Wright Edelman

    A friend invited me to an event this coming Saturday which I know would be "good for me." My reply was, "No, thanks. Right now if somebody offered me a planet all to myself, I would take it in a heartbeat." I have enough stuff on my calendar to keep me from being a complete hermit, and that's probably a good thing. 
    Yesterday I participated in another simulated patient (SP) encounter with medical students at KSCOM. I played the role of a concerned companion to the person seeing the doctor about fainting, dizzy spells and shortness of breath. We worked with five sets of doctors-to-be, all different, dedicated and great fun. The SP opportunities are giving me an appreciation for how much doctors need to know and consider when treating folks. 
    I am needing a lot of sleep these days, trying to get my energy back. I am grateful for springtime.
        Leta

This is actually a photo 
of a Florida alligator.
Wilderness, alligators--
that's what life feels like
to me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment