Friday, November 4, 2022

November 4--Precious Time

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent.  --Carl Sandburg

    Now that I'm in my sixties, I am acutely aware that when I am watching the timer on the microwave go down, those are seconds of my life ticking away. That's a little distressing. 
    I had a first in my life early this morning. I fainted. I had gone to the bathroom and was headed back to bed. I was a little woozy but I thought I could make it to the bed. Next thing I know, I wake up on the floor. My first thought, after discerning that I was on the floor, was "Why the hell am I sleeping on the floor?!?!" So I hopped up and got in bed. Then I realized I had fainted, and that my angels did a helluva job keeping me from greater injury. My left shoulder and knee are bruised, minor compared to what could have been. Is this Covid-related? Who knows!?! I'd prefer never to repeat it. It's completely freaky to have fallen and have no recollection of it whatsoever. 
    I'm feeling better, so hopefully the worst of this Covid illness is past. 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment