Saturday, January 27, 2018

Joyful Anticipation

     My life is really mighty fine, in the "run of the mill" day-to-day smooth flow. I have few complaints. However, I do find it extra enjoyable when I have some "big" events to look forward to.
     There are some annual events that I experience with joyful anticipation: both the start and end of tax season, March Madness, and opening day of baseball season, to name a few. Already for this year, I've planned at trip to eastern Canada, and I'm about to sign up for a five-city baseball tour including a bonus trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. For this baseball nut, that's a died-and-gone-to-heaven trip. In a few days, my son's Golden Retriever, Dusty, will take up residence with us for an undetermined period of time while my son travels to Australia. I haven't had a pet since I was growing up in Pennsylvania, and I adore Dusty, so this is a time of great excitement for me.
     Joyful anticipation of these upcoming events in and of itself is great, but there's also a bigger purpose behind it. It holds me in the mindset of "there's even more good to come!" That's an important place to be as creators of our own experience. When we hold ourselves in that place of allowing, the Universe has to deliver. Or if you prefer, as Jesus said, it is done unto you as you believe.
     Fun, Fun, Fun! Life is good!
            Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment