Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Be Kind

"Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people." Karen Salmansohn

     I do believe strongly in the goodness of people, but trust me, that belief is tested frequently. I waver constantly between "love is the only solution" and, for example, despising every person who is responsible for electing Trump.
     Realizing I can't do much now about the election, my choice is to practice kindness. Kindness toward myself for ugly thoughts. Smiling and being friendly. Knowing that we are really all doing our best, no matter how I may evaluate that. Knowing that I don't know another's story, so who am I to judge? Doing the next right thing with love. Live and let live. Bless all those whose path I cross.
     Kindness feels a lot better.
            Blessings!
                     Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment