Sunday, January 29, 2017

Highly-Recommended Fun

     Some friends invited me this past week to Paint the Town, a place in Wichita where groups can go and paint a picture, no painting talent needed. Since I have no painting talent (or so I thought), this was perfect for me.
     It was a blast. My friends and I brought snacks and wine and beer for the pre-painting gathering time. Then Mary, our painting instructor extraordinaire and extremely patient person, led us through the steps to create our flower painting. You can choose from many different pictures and all the canvas, paints, brushes, etc. are all laid out ready to go. It's a two-hour process.

The photo on the right is my painting. I'm no Monet, but at least you can tell they are flowers. It was a super-fun learning experience. Even though everyone is painting the same thing, the pictures all turned out quite different. It was great to see and experience how a painting really goes together--all I ever see is the finished product. It was interesting and creative and fun, totally worth the $25 fee. Best of all, it turned a whole lot of "I can't" into "look what I did!" I'm sure this opportunity is not unique to Wichita, google it. Go do it, you'll love it!          Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment